PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID TRAINING COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is delivered in accordance with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), which is mandatory for all early years providers, and thereby meets Ofsted requirements. Training is primarily aimed at child-minders, nursery workers and school staff, but is suitable for anyone who requires a more in-depth knowledge of paediatric first aid. The training will be delivered by a paediatric specialist and includes both theoretical and practical sessions. We also offer a Basic Paediatric First Aid course which is designed for nannies, au pairs, babysitters and child-minders who wish to enrol on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register.
Our 2 day Paediatric First Aid training course is available at our centres throughout the UK or in-house at a venue of your choosing. Please use our Open Course search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call now to book an in-house instructor.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- How to plan and deal with first aid emergencies.
- Identifying and dealing with Shock (anaphylactic and electric).
- Responding appropriately to choking, bleeding, burns and scalds.
- Dealing with suspected fractures and eye, head, back and neck injuries.
- Treatments for bites and stings.
- Coping with serious sudden illnesses such as meningitis and seizures.
- Understanding the needs of chronic medical conditions including epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell and diabetes.
- Knowing the effects of extreme heat and cold.
The course is delivered over two days (12 hours). Assessment will be carried out by the trainer through continual observation. Upon successful completion, first aiders receive certification to allow them to practice for three years.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.