ALLERGEN AWARENESS TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
On the 13th of December 2014, it became compulsory by EU law for all staff handling, packaging and working with food to be able to inform customers of allergens and ingredients. This course ensures that delegates are aware of these latest legal guidelines and that they have the skills and knowledge to confidently provide this information. Delegates will also gain essential understanding of food safety procedures regarding allergens, including correct storage, packaging and labelling of food.
Outline of Programme
- The 14 allergens (and products which contain them).
- Food labelling standards.
- Legislation regarding allergen awareness.
- Selling and displaying food.
- Packaging food.
- Food allergies and allergic reactions.
- Symptoms of allergic reactions.
- Difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance.
- Understanding food allergen awareness in catering.
- Impact of legislation on staff.
- Responsibilities of the operator and the consumer.
The allergen awareness training course lasts 3 hours and delegates will receive a certificate upon completion. Delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities and or experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.