PHYSICAL INTERVENTION TRAINING
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Physical intervention skills are sometimes required for the safe and legal management of physically challenging behaviour. Delegates attending this course will learn a range of skills which are essential when working with patients who have learning disabilities or mental health problems.
TutorCare can offer you a bespoke training package, specifically designed to suit your area of business and focusing on the specific risks and challenges your organisation might face.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to physical intervention.
- Identifying challenging behaviour and knowing when to intervene.
- Physical intervention techniques, including breaking away and holding.
- Risks involved in physical intervention.
- The Assault Cycle.
- Laws and legislation.
- Triggers of challenging behaviour.
- Causes and diffusion of anger and aggression.
- Unacceptable practice.
- Duty of care.
- Threatening behaviour and physical assault.
- Dementia and how to intervene physically.
The physical intervention course runs over 6 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- We will come to you to undertake the training.
- The training environment will need be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.