AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING (AET) TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS
This qualification has now replaced the PTLLS qualification.
An Award in Education and Training is a level 3 qualification aimed at people teaching in continuing and adult education. Delegates will come away understanding how to plan sessions and motivate learners, whilst also holding a wide array of practical assessment skills. This course is aimed at teachers and trainers who have just started out in the Lifelong Learning Sector. It will also suit people already who are already employed in FE Colleges, adult and community learning centres, work-based learning environments and training organisations, but who need to gain the required qualifications to reach minimum threshold status. Anyone completing the course will need to know what they want to teach and either have, or be working towards, a qualification in their specialist area.
We offer AET training courses at centres across the UK, in-house at a premises of your choosing, or online via e-learning. Please call today to discuss your options and find the training best suited for you.
Outline of Programme
- Understanding your own role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching.
- Understanding appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area.
- demonstrating your session planning skills – planning, delivering, observing and evaluating a micro-teach session.
- Understanding appropriate teaching and learning approaches within specialist areas.
- Delivering inclusive sessions and enhancing motivation.
- Different assessment methods and the practical application.
- Understanding and analysing the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted.
Delegates need to complete a series of theoretical and practical tasks. This includes a micro teaching session, which is a great test of the practical skills we are confident this course will help you to develop!
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- Delegates will need good both written and spoken English.
- Must be aged 19 or over to enrol.
- Candidate will also need to organise their work and supporting materials clearly.
How do I progress afterwards?
Successful AET delegates might benefit greatly from taking the CET/CTLLS course. Please give us a call if you want to discuss your future learning options!
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.