CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING (CET)
This course has now replaced the CTLLS qualification.
The Certificate in Education and Training is a level 4 qualification often taken as a follow on from the AET for those progressing to achieve the full diploma. As the first stage teaching qualification that has a teaching/training practice requirement, delegates must have access to at least 30 hours of either voluntary or paid teaching work. Designed for current associate teachers looking to develop their skills, it is required that delegates are qualified or experienced within their chosen teaching subject to a level 3 standard, as well as holding a good level of literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
We offer CET training courses at centres across the UK, or online via e-learning. Please call today to discuss your options and find the training best suited for you.
Outline of Programme
- Roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer.
- Understanding equality and diversity.
- Preparing for a coaching and mentoring role.
- Delivering employability skills.
- Evaluating learning programmes.
- Principles and practice of instructional techniques.
- Specialist delivery techniques and activities.
Delegates will be continuously assessed throughout the course in the form of assignments and observation of practical teaching skills.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- Delegates must be aged 19 or over.
- Must be experienced or qualified in the subject area they wish to teach.
- Must be in-service, or have access to at least 30 hours of teaching.
- To complete assessments, candidates will need good written and spoken English.
- Must hold level 2 literacy and numeracy skills.
How do I progress afterwards?
Successful CET delegates will have the opportunity to progress, taking the DET (Diploma in Education and Training) course to achieve qualified teaching status. Please give us a call if you want to discuss your future learning options!
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.