PREPARING TO TEACH IN THE LIFELONG LEARNING SECTOR (PTLLS)
TutorCare now offers the AET (Award in Education and Training) nationwide. This qualification has now replaced the PTLLS qualification.
The award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector was aimed at people teaching in continuing and adult education. Delegates came away understanding how to plan sessions, motivate learners and with a wide array of practical assessment skills at their command. This course was aimed at teachers and trainers who had just started out in the Lifelong Learning Sector. It also suited those who were already employed in FE Colleges, adult and community learning centres, work-based learning environments and training organisations but who needed to achieve minimum threshold status and wanted to gain the required qualifications. Anyone completing the course needed to know what they wanted to teach and either have or be working towards a qualification in their specialist area. This qualification was replaced by the Award in Education and Training (AET) which we offer across the UK.
We offer AET training courses at centres across the UK, in-house at a premises of your choosing, or online via e-learning. Please call today to discuss your options and find the training best suited for you.
Outline of Programme
- Understanding your own role, responsibilities and boundaries in relation to teaching.
- Understanding appropriate teaching and learning approaches within a specialist area.
- demonstrating your session planning skills – planning, delivering, observing and evaluating a micro-teach session.
- Understanding appropriate teaching and learning approaches within specialist areas.
- Delivering inclusive sessions and enhancing motivation.
- Different assessment methods and the practical application.
- Understanding and analysing the need for accurate record keeping and procedures that can be adopted.
This training would take around 3 to 5 days and delegates needed to complete and pass three assignments to get the qualification. This included a micro teaching session, which was a great test of the practical skills we are confident this course helped to develop!
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
Candidates must have access to 100 teaching practice hours and possess reasonable levels of language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
- Candidates must be aged over 19 in order to complete this qualification.
- We can come to you to undertake the training or you can search our open courses using the open course search box to the right.
- The training environment needed to be quiet and undisturbed.
The replacement Award in Education Training course covers the same content, however there isn’t an over 19 age restriction.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other