MOVING AND HANDLING OF PEOPLE TRAIN THE TRAINER COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This Train the Trainer course is designed for those looking to start training others in the safe moving and handling of people within a care environment, ensuring that they are aware of the relevant legal guidelines which they must meet. In addition to being taught how to practically apply a range of moving and handling techniques in the workplace, delegates will gain an understanding of biomechanics and efficient movement. A large part of the course also focuses on training methods so new instructors won’t struggle to answer any difficult questions from their trainees. Once the course has been completed, the employing organisation will benefit from having a moving and handling trainer and advisor on site.
Outline of Programme
- Good and bad practice.
- The stats on back pain and the costs to businesses.
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations.
- Employer/employee legal responsibilities.
- Back pain and how it is caused.
- Caring for your back.
- Risk assessment tools for moving and handling (activity based).
- Management responsibilities.
- Practical session using moving equipment including: mobile hydraulic hoists, mobile electric hoist, overhead (Sky) hoist, all types of sling, standing hoist, turntables, banana boards, handling belt, slide sheets, zimmer frame.
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- How individuals learn and keep information.
- Feeding back productively.
- Presenting information.
- ‘Do’s and don’ts’.
The Moving and Handling Train the Trainer takes around 2 days to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of involved group activities and, during the teaching part, will be evaluated on their knowledge and ability to train others. This is a flexible course which adds maximum value to employing organisation. Our trainers are very experienced and will be able to help guide delegates throughout the session.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Moving and Handling equipment can be hired for the training at an additional cost, but please do make sure to let us know when you book so we can ensure that there are no mix ups.
- We will come to you to undertake the training.
- The training environment will need to be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.