MOVING AND HANDLING OF INANIMATE OBJECTS TRAIN THE TRAINER
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This Train the Trainer is a 2 day course for those who want to start training others in the safe manual handling of inanimate objects within the workplace. As well as being trained in how to practically apply a range of moving and handling techniques, delegates will be taught the most up to date guidelines, as well as the theory behind it all. They will also gain an understanding of teaching and problem solving methods which will enable them to concisely explain and wwwnstrate the knowledge their trainees will require to succeed in their specific workplace. Upon completion of the course, the employing organisation will benefit from having a manual handling trainer and advisor on site.
We offer train the trainer courses at centres across the UK, in-house at your premises, or at a local centre of your choosing. Please use our “Open Course” search function on the right hand side to quickly find training in your area, or call today to book an onsite instructor.
Outline of Programme
- The background to and ‘dos and don’ts’ of Moving and Handling.
- The stats on back pain and the costs to businesses.
- 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act.
- 1992 Manual Handling regulations.
- Legal responsibilities of the employer/employee.
- Causes of back pain.
- Caring for your back.
- Risk assessment tools for Moving and Handling (activity based).
- Management responsibilities.
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- How individuals learn and keep information.
- Feeding back productively.
- Presenting information.
- ‘Do’s and don’ts’.
This course takes around 2 days to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of involved group activities and, during the teaching part, will be evaluated on their knowledge and ability to train others. This course will be delivered flexibly to add maximum value to employing organisation. Homework will be issued and learners need to pass the final written test with 100% accuracy. It is not as daunting as it may sound though, our trainers are very experienced and will be able to help guide delegates throughout the session.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Moving and handling equipment can be hired for the training at an additional cost, but please do make sure to let us know when you book so we can make sure there are no mix ups.
- We will come to you to undertake the training.
- The training environment will need to be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff will need to give the course their full attention and should not be on duty.
- Staff attending should be present for the whole session.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or