PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID TRAIN THE TRAINER INSTRUCTOR COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
Paediatric First Aid is a mandatory requirement for professionals whose occupation involves the care of young children. Over the duration of this three day training programme, delegates will be provided with both a robust working knowledge of the Paediatric First Aid criteria, as well as the necessary teaching methods and public speaking skills required of an instructor.
Our course is designed in conjunction with the Early Years Foundation Stage statuary framework so to provide an understanding of emergency care for children and infants in line with Ofsted’s requirements. As such, this course is a great investment for any company and is suitable for registered child-minders and nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- First aid health and safety regulations and priorities.
- How to deal with first aid emergencies.
- Responding appropriately to Shock, bleeding, burns and scalds.
- How to deal with factures, anaphylaxis, eye and ear injuries.
- Understanding of childhood illnesses including meningitis and seizures.
Train the Trainer Elements
- Teaching methods and learning styles.
- Engaging your audience.
- Knowledge of how people retain information.
- Giving and receiving feedback.
- How to present information clearly.
- Training etiquettes (do’s and don’ts).
- Evaluation of delegates.
The paediatric first aid at work train the trainer course takes approximately 3 days (18 hours) to complete and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. Candidates will receive certification at the end of the work which will qualify them to practice for up to 3 years.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.