DRUG AND ALCOHOL AWARENESS COURSE
Please call to discuss this training & book today!
This course is ideal for staff whose role involves contact with those who may misuse drugs and/or alcohol. This includes retail or hospitality staff who have the right to refuse alcohol sale to customers, or remove them from premises if misuse is suspected. This training will ensure that staff are informed of commonly used illegal drugs, misused pharmaceuticals and alcohol misuse, so that they are able to notice the signs and therefore do something about it. This course will ensure that businesses keep their retail license and remain compliant with the law.
Outline of Programme
- Physical signs of alcohol dependence.
- Psychological signs of alcohol dependence.
- Long term effects of alcohol.
- Teenage alcohol misuse.
- Binge drinking.
- Common illegal drugs, including cocaine, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, cannabis, heroin, ecstasy, ketamine and mephedrone.
- Misuse of pharmaceuticals.
- Volatile substances.
- Physical signs of drug use.
- Psychological signs of drug use.
- Health risks of illegal drugs.
- Impact of drink and drugs on different people.
The drug and alcohol awareness training course lasts 3 hours and delegates will receive a certificate upon completion. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities and our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide through these sessions.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.