Our CQC Essentials are a selection of care courses designed to cover the basics of good care practice. On this page you will find the necessary training which covers the 15 Standards of the Care Certificate, plus a range of other courses which help make sure that staff are working to CQC guidelines.
Our courses are available in-house or online via e-learning and our instructors all have a background within care to ensure that we deliver training of the highest standard.
Special Offer: Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- QCF Care Diplomas - Health & Social Care QCF levels 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 available. Bulk discounts available - get a great quote today!
- Care Certificate - Mandatory training covers the 15 care standards underlined by the CQC, replacing the Common Induction Standards.
- Moving and Handling of People - Essential training for any care setting. Prevent injury and manage sevice users correctly. 3 hour course.
- Moving and Handling of People Theory - No practical included in this 3 hour moving and handling training course. Call for more information.
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties Awareness - Raise awareness of how both these acts affect the everyday work of care staff. Essential 2 hour course.
- Infection Control Awareness - Raise awareness within your organisation of occupational infection control measures. 2 hour course.
- Medication Awareness - Better understand the issues of confidentiality and safety in the administration of medications. 3 hour training course.
- Dementia Awareness - Raise awareness of the challenges and issues arising from dementia. 3 hour introductory course.
- Equality and Diversity - Eliminate discrimination & fully understand the value and importance of equality and diversity within a workforce.
- Diet and Nutrition (Nutrition Awareness) - Understand the importance of nutrition, and learn how to help patients choose and orally consume food and drink.
- Communication and Record Keeping Awareness - Improve communication between care workers for a more efficient workplace. 2 hour course.
- Choking Prevention Awareness - Understand the signs and symptoms of choking and mitigate the risks to service users. 2 hour course.
- Advanced Medication Awareness - Safely administer medication with this advanced 3 hour course suitable for team leaders and experienced carers.
- Person Centred Planning - Person centred care is now the industry norm; bring your staff up to date with this 3 hour care course.
- Common Induction Standards - As of 1st of April 2015, this course was replaced by the Care Certificate, which we offer in-house and via e-learning.
- Nutrition and M.U.S.T Awareness - 6 hour course to enable workers to complete malnutrition or obesity screening with competence. Find out more...
- Advanced Nutrition, Healthier Foods and Special Diets - Suitable for a number of sectors and undertaken by fitness experts, caterers and carers alike. 4 hour course.
- Personal Care - Meet industry best practice standards when giving personal care. 2 hour training course.
- Person Centred Care - Learn about the principles of person centred care, and how these can be put into practice. 2 hour course.
- Managing Challenging Behaviour - Learn to manage difficult situations and better understand the root causes of challenging behaviour.
- Fall Prevention Awareness - Minimise the risk of the elderly falling and better understand its implications with this 3 hour course.
- Care Planning Awareness - 2 hour course teaches the importance of creating plans in care settings, and how to implement and review them.
- Meaning of the CQC Awareness - Understand the role of the Care Quality Commission, and how it impacts your workplace. 2 hour course.
- MCA and DOLS for Managers - Understand the role and responsibility shouldered by management in regard to MCA and DOLS. 6 hour course.
- The Ageing Process - Understand the effects of old age on body and mind in this 2 hour care training course.
- Incontinence Awareness - Develop appropriated care plans and better understand the issues surrounding incontinence. 2 hour course.
- Observation Skills for Carers - Meet legal responsbilities whilst reporting with candour and accuracy in this 2 hour course.
- Record Keeping and Social eCare - Keeping accurate records is essential for a productive and efficient care environment. 5 hour course.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.