Please call to discuss this training & book today!
As of 1st of April 2015, this course was replaced by the Care Certificate, which we offer both in-house and online via e-learning.
This training is aimed at all care staff in domiciliary and residential settings and is a mandatory introduction for new staff to complete within 12 weeks of them starting work, as well as a useful refresher for more established team members. Delegates should come away with an understanding of the eight Skills for Care Common Induction Standards required to operate in an adult social care setting.
Outline of Programme
The course is structured as below and will be tailored according to the needs of the group.
- What is the role of the health and social care worker? (one hour)
- Personal development. (one hour)
- How to communicate effectively. (two hours)
- Promoting equality and inclusion. (half day/full day)
- Duty of care and the Mental Capacity Act.
- Safeguarding in health and social care. (half day)
- Person centred support.
- Health and safety in an adult social care setting (two days):
- Providing emergency first aid.
- Basic hygiene and infection control.
- Fire safety.
- Legislation and employer/employee responsibilities.
- Moving and handling people.
The Common Induction Standards training course durations varies and we recommend calling to find an option that best meets your requirements. Delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities and our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Our courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote.
- The training venue should be quiet and undisturbed.
- Staff should not be expected to be on duty.
- Staff attending should remain for the entire length of the session.
- Flexible dates, call to book a day that suits you.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.