Whether working with children or adults, it is essential that staff protect all persons under their care, especially those who are vulnerable to abuse or exploitation. The range of safeguarding courses below is extensive, but if the particular course which you are looking for is not listed, please do contact one of our training specialists.
All of our courses ensure that staff are aware of their legal responsibilities under the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberties Safeguards (DOLS).
Special Offer: Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!
- MCA and DOLS Awareness Course - Raise awareness of how both these acts affect the everyday work of care staff. Essential 2 hour course.
- SOVA Awareness - Basic 3 hour course to give a working knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Child Protection Awareness- Enhance understanding of child protection issues and better manage a range of situations. 2 hour course.
- Safeguarding of Children Awareness - 3 hour introduction to safeguarding children and the issues surrounding it. Also suitable as a refresher course.
- PREVENT Programme Training - Awareness workshop regarding the PREVENT extremism government initiative. Essential 2 hour course.
- Adult Protection AP1 and AP2 - Essential for all care home staff no matter their role or experience. 7 hour/full day training course.
- Caring for Children Who Have Been Abused - Ideal for anyone regularly working with children; be that teachers, police, social workers, GPs and youth workers.
- Deprivation of Liberties - Maintain the standards required by law with knowledge learned on this 2 hour training course. Find out more now.
- SOVA for Managers - 6 hour course for managers to develop the skills needed to manage the physical and emotional aspects of safeguarding.
- MCA and DOLS for Managers - Understand the role and responsibility shouldered by management in regard to MCA and DOLS. 6 hour course.
- Safe Caring- Recommended training for those responsible for children who have been abused or suffered trauma. 4 hour course.
- Confidentiality Awareness - Understand the importance of confidentiality, but also what might need to be shared. 2 hour course.
- Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness - Training meets recommendations underlined by the CQC; identify and support children who have been sexually exploited.
- Dealing with Sexually Abused Young People - Better identify the signs of sexual abuse and provide children with the support they need. 4 hour course.
- Domestic Violence Awareness- Develop an in-depth understanding of the common domestic abuse issues and the legalities surrounding them.
- Working with Unaccompanied Minors - An extensive overview of the relevant policies and procedures supporting unaccompanied children. 5 hour course.
- Anti Bullying Awareness - Detect bullying and prevent future occurrences, providing better support to vulnerable people. 4 hours.
- Teenage Substance Misuse - Gain a deeper understanding of teenage substance abuse and the reasons behind it. 4 hour training course.
- Working with Sex Offenders - Recommended training for those working with sex offenders, or care staff responsible for vulnerable people.
- Working with Substance Abuse - Improve your knowledge of the most commonly used drugs and their effects. 3 hour training course.
- Internet Safety and Social Networking - Understand the threats facing children who use the internet, and improve safeguarding to protect them.
Get in touch with TutorCare
We aim to beat any equivalent quote. Please call for our best offers.
All our courses are available across the UK and can be delivered at a time and
place convenient to you - be that Saturday, or after hours, we will strive to be
flexible and accommodate your needs.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.