QCF NVQ DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE LEVEL 2
The QCF NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2 is a nationally recognised qualification based on the Health and Social Care National Occupation Standards approved by Skills for Care & Development. The award will confirm knowledge, skills and competence for individuals working with adults and children across all social care settings, such as within residential settings, primary care environments, domiciliary services, day services and supported living.
Outline of Programme
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating and to achieve the QCF NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2 learners must complete 9 mandatory units along with a choice of 9 optional knowledge and competence units equalling an overall 46 credits.
- Unit 1: Introduction to Communication in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 2: Introduction to Personal Development in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 3: Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 4: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 5: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 6: The Role of the Health & Social Care Worker
- Unit 7: Implement Person-Centred Approaches in Health & Social Care Settings
- Unit 8: Contribute to Health & Safety in Health & Social Care
- Unit 9: Handle Information in Health & Social Care Settings
The optional knowledge and competence units cover different areas of health and social care such as supporting those with disabilities, learning disabilities or dementia, individuals working with children and young people, infection control and supported living. Learners have the opportunities to take a general qualification in health and social care, or they may follow a specialist pathway in areas such as Dementia or Learning Disabilities.
Assessment takes place through evaluation of work-based performance, presenting evidence, witness testimony and questioning. A portfolio of evidence is produced which demonstrates that the candidate can perform to the level described. Participants will all have a vocationally competent QCF NVQ Diploma assessor who will help assemble the portfolio and prepare for assessment. In addition the candidates will have access to email and telephone support throughout their QCF NVQ Diploma programme together with resources as required.
The course is open to candidates at any age, of either gender and there are no entry barriers on the grounds of race, creed or academic attainment in learning. However, candidates must be employed in a workplace relevant to the occupational standards for Health and Social Care to enable them to complete the qualification successfully.
How long will it take?
There are no fixed periods for completion, however depending on experience most participants complete within 6-9 months.
On completion of this program candidates are able to progress on QCF NVQ Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3.
Call Free on : 0800 781 2041