QCF (NVQ) DIPLOMA IN HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE - LEVEL 5
Payment Plans available on all QCFs/NVQs, please call for more information.
Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People Services.
The QCF Level 5 in Health and Social Care and CYP Services has replaced the NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care and CYP Services; the course is equivalent to a Higher National Diploma (HND) and is the UK industry standard for those looking to become a leader within health and social care services. Delegates who complete this internationally recognised qualification will gain the occupational competence and skills necessary to lead across health and social care settings when working with adults or children. The course has a series of mandatory units which will provide delegates with fundamental working knowledge, and they will also complete optional units which will allow them to customise the programme to suit them, whether they are working with adults or children and young people.
This course is accredited by OFQUAL and will help your organisation to meet the conditions and standards required by the Care Quality Commission. This course is fully compliant with the Health and Social Care National Occupational Standards approved by Skills for Care and Development.
Outline of Programme
The QCF is completed by achieving 90 credits from a variety of different units; at least 30 of these credits must come from the mandatory units, and at least 16 from the optional units.
- SHC51: Use and Develop Systems That Promote Communication.
- SHC52: Promote Professional Development.
- SHC53: Champion Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- M1: Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or CYP Settings.
- M2c: Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care of CYP Settings.
- MU5.2: Understand CYP Development.
- MU5.3: Lead Practice That Supports Positive Outcomes for CYP Development.
- MU5.4: Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of CYP.
- P4: Lead and Manage Group Living for Children.
- LM1c: Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or CYP Setting.
- LM2c: Develop Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care or CYP Settings.
- O36: Lead Practice in Promoting the Well-Being and Resilience of CYP.
- CCLD OP 5.25: Undertake a Research Project within Services for Health and Social Care or CYP.
The optional knowledge and competence units cover a variety of areas in health and social care, enabling delegates to tailor the course to their own specific career development needs. Please contact us to request further information on the optional pathways available.
How does assessment take place?
Our assessment process consists of an evaluation of work-based performance. This requires delegates to put together a portfolio of evidence demonstrating that they can achieve the course objectives to the required standard.
To assist delegates we appoint a QCF assessor who will help assemble the portfolio and guide the delegate through the process. Email and telephone support is also on hand for the duration of the training and the resources available to training delegates will be outlined by the assessor.
What are the entry requirements?
Potential delegates need to be aged 19+ and employed in a relevant vocational setting in order for them to be able to complete the qualification successfully, but it is strongly recommended that candidates have also completed the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care. Please contact us for more information.
How long will it take?
The course is completely flexible and we encourage students to learn at their own pace. The awarding body do stipulate that the course is completed within 36 months, but most students will successful finish the programme in around 9!
How would I progress further?
Upon completing this programme, graduates can move on to the QCF Level 7 Diploma in Leadership and Management if they are in an appropriate management position. Alternatively we offer a huge range of specialist care courses to enhance their chosen pathway.
We aim to beat any equivalent quote.
Please call and discuss the options available to you and your organisation. Payment plans are available for individuals and bulk discounts can be arranged for companies purchasing 3 or more QCFs.
Not the course you were looking for? Check out the other courses in this range here.
You may also be interested in our E-Learning Courses and Defibrillator Products.