When you are in charge of organising an event of any size, there are always a million and one things to remember. One of the most important things to arrange, however, is first aid provision, and you should do this before you do anything else.
The level of first aid cover you need depends on the size of the event and the number of people attending, as well as the number of people working at the event. The following are a few important points to remember about first aid provision at events:
• First aiders should have completed a thorough first aid training course. First aid at work training courses are useful, but further training on treating members of the public may be needed.
• First aiders should be over 16. If first aiders are under 18, they should be supervised
• First aiders should have identification
• Anyone carrying out first aid should wear the proper protective clothing and carry the right equipment and supplies with them
• First aiders should have no other duties or responsibilities which could distract them
• First aiders should have experience in carrying out first aid at public events
• First aid cover also needs to be provided for employees working at the event, as well as for members of the public