Ideally, every employee in your business should undergo at least a basic level of fire safety awareness training. This will help the workplace to become a safer place, one that is fully prepared for an emergency situation such as an outbreak of fire.
However, it is also very important for businesses to have a fully trained and competent and responsible person in charge of fire safety. This person, or persons, will need to have in-depth knowledge of fire safety rules and regulations, and be able to develop and implement an action plan within the business.
The qualification the responsible person needs to attain is the CIEH Level 3 Award in Fire Safety Risk Assessment and Control, a fire safety training course designed to help develop and advance existing fire safety knowledge. It gives trainees a thorough insight into:
– How to conduct risk assessments in low or normal risk premises
– Identifying the need for further fire safety training within the business
– How to help employers meet their legal responsibilities in relation to fire safety
– Promoting better standards of fire safety in the workplace
– Evaluating their own knowledge and skills