If you work in a bar, restaurant or any other premises that serves alcohol, you have a responsibility to fully understand licensing laws and apply them to your work.
So, what do you need to know as a member of a bar team?
– What alcohol is and how it effects the body and its functions
– The key points of the Licencing Act (2003)
– Your duties to prevent the sale of alcohol to people who are underage (protecting children from harm)
– How to spot someone who has had too much to drink, and why you shouldn’t serve them
– Personal safety
– The social responsibilities which come with the sale of alcohol in retail establishments
You may think it is solely your employer’s job to worry about licencing laws, but this isn’t strictly true. Bar staff members can face fines and even a criminal record for not complying with the regulations.
This is why the right training for bar staff is essential. The BIIAB Level 1 Award in Responsible Alcohol Retailing is designed to help you comply with licencing laws, as well as helping you to be better at your job.